I know it’s been a while since I’ve written anything, I’ve been giving more attention to other things other than my blog. Life happens you know, and I just have to set my priorities right for the time being. As we all know, the pandemic has affected all of us in many ways. And we all have different coping mechanisms and varying lessons and realizations while all of these are happening. I have just made major life decisions that may surprise other people but I want to live my life right. And making tough choices is a must for me. It’s now, or never. I’ve just took a leap of faith.
Many people may question as to why…
I will leave comfort and safety for some things that are uncertain with all the uncertainties that is going on around us now. Exactly the point that I am making here is that, I’ve lived my life in the safest ways that I know how. But as you can see, things can still happen and life will change when you least expect it. With that said, I’d rather be somewhere that I would like to go to on most days and would rather do something that helps me grow as a person. I would rather do what is mentally healthy for me and be around people that will have a positive influence over me. And I, the same. As I have pondered on it, these will never happen where I was at.
We have the power to decide what kind of environment we subject ourselves into. And in that case, we have to be in a place where we are willing to make our compromises with. Most especially when it has to deal with the principles and ethics that you believe in. Nobody can tell you what’s best for you other than yourself and God.
This is literally a leap of faith, and what outsiders might think as crazy.
But always remember that people will have their own perception of things. What matters is that, you are the driver at the wheel of your life. And if you can let Jesus take the wheel, then that would be best. Instead of having other people, who don’t have your best interests at heart, have control over your path. And you may already have a destination in mind, but if you let God lead, He may actually give you a redirection. I’ve prayed not to be in the same situation ever again.
Why is a career path choice very important?
It is because this is where you spend most of your time in. 8 hours or more during the day is a big chunk of your life. Lucky for those people who were able to figure their life’s purpose at an earlier age. But I am one of those who has just finally decided to follow my heart, and to serve my real calling over having a safety net of what we call a monthly fixed paycheck. Money is necessary, yes, but it should not run your life. What is financial stability if what you are currently doing can lead you to insanity? Is it worth the sacrifice of your own growth as a person? We may have different answers to that, which I will respect, but I will choose my peace of mind over anything else. I am convicted to take that leap of faith.
So, going back to my post called “I CAn Rule The World In 2020”, let’s do a checklist of what I have so far accomplished:
- Watch inspirational movies and shows: I spend most of my time on Youtube and watching motivational or educational videos and speeches, documentaries, and yes, movies.
- Talk to uplifting people: I have been blessed with the opportunity to have conversations with God-fearing and intellectual people who are actually very supportive of what I do.
- Read up on uplifting, inspirational, and motivational books and articles: I am currently reading Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and just finished The Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker. On Facebook I spend a lot of time on pages such Goalcast, Bo Sanchez, CNBC Make it, SplendidPsyche, Entrepreneur, Robert Kiyosaki, Robin Sharma, Francis Kong, and Entrepreneur Mindset.
- Take a bath everyday: Has been a challenge with the Work From Home set up. So still working on this.
- Be intentional every day: Yes, I have a lot on my to-do list per day, and I have been fighting off my laziness and anemia. Talk about being intentional!
- Always have a first-aid kit or an emergency kit: Glad to have band-aids around, been quite helpful lately.
- Exercise: I have started but did not continue. So, yes, I do need to work on working out.
- Clean eating: I did start but failed. But to be fair with myself, I mostly have good food choices over the bad ones which are only supposed to be allowed on the weekends.
- Feed your soul: This is what this article is all about. I’ve finally decided to choose pursuing my purpose in life which is to work on my own business and this is also why I was not able to write much for a while now.
- Follow your gut: The leap that I just did is because my gut was telling me that there was something that is not right where I used to be in and all of my intuitions were confirmed and correct.
- Choose a mentor in life: I finally have a lot of reliable mentors to speak with, for different aspects of my life. And I thank God for that every day.
- Give back to the world: I have been doing this in little ways for now, but I have plans of doing more of this later on. I just have to find the proper channels that are aligned to my purpose.
- Do your passion: Yes, I am doing it now. Writing and running my own business is my passion.
- Aspire to inspire: I am praying for this every day. That I may become a beacon of light wherever I go. I am not there yet, but this is one of my goals in life. To pay this forward from all of the people who have inspired me to become better every day.
- Be forgiving: I have made peace with some people in my past, and I am working on forgiving betrayals that just recently happened to me. By God’s grace, I will totally be able to let go of the offense. But so far, I am just able to brush this off and focus more on my set priorities right now.
- Get up every time you fall: This is me, getting up again and picking up the life that I really want to live.
- Grow up, grow old, grow bold: That is the major goal and the major reason for my leap of faith.
- Do what makes you happy without hurting anybody else: I’ve decided to leave a situation that will only keep hurting everyone. And yes, I am happier now.
- Avoid breaking hearts and avoid those who break yours: I have let go of a man who is not good for me, but we have remained friends. I have let go of some people who I thought were my friends, and no, I will not allow them to have a space in my life anymore.
- Be yourself. But always be the better version. Best You 2020: I wear my heart on my sleeves and I have always been genuine in front of everybody else. I cannot stand faking around. Life is too short to pretend to like someone or agree with something when you don’t. I am trying to be better every day. But there are, in fact, some places that only bring out the worst in you, so choose an environment that helps you become better. Some things are just not right for you. To become the best you, make the best choices for yourself. And sincerely pray for guidance and enlightenment.
A leap of faith is a serious choice.
But before you make that decision, you must believe in yourself and believe more on what God can do in your life. This is a total surrender of allowing God to completely do His work in your life. And a leap of faith means working your hardest and giving it your all. All for the Glory of The Lord! And so, I still have a lot of things to work on, He still has a lot to do with me and through me. He can do the same for you, but it can only happen with your consent.